Football

Football

Tuesday 3 April 2012

itunes unit post 1


I believe that the Khan Academy is a great idea. I personally have never heard of or used the Khan Academy before but I definitely wish I would have. I think the Khan Academy is a good idea because first of all it explains the idea of whatever lesson your learning in way that is very easy to understand. What I mean by this is that it doesn’t seem like this way of teaching is directly by the book, in which some teachers do so in school and it is very hard to understand and really learn. The Khan Academy provides very good and understandable descriptions of what’s being explained along with a visual aid that makes it even easier to understand. Having a visual aid along with explanation helps a lot with some learners because me for example I can understand a lecture to a certain point but sometimes get lost. With a visual aid along with a lecture keeps me on track and also makes me able to really focus in on what’s being said if I can also see what is actually happening. 










This also is a good idea because it is explained in a sense where people can really take away good information. By saying this I mean the videos describes the lesson in a way that is right to the point and good information just in a more direct and laid back way than what I mentioned before by the book. There is a couple flaws though... obviously one you cant ask questions (or maybe you can I’m not sure I’ve never used this before), two if visual learning isn’t for you the person watching could get lost and confused. In general though I think the Khan Academy is a really good idea and if I can integrate this into my university studies next year some how I’ll definitely use it. 


t



No comments:

Post a Comment